Sunday, February 20, 2011

Outdoor Malls


So, empty parking lots and closed strip malls at night have always seemed foreboding and ominous to me, but the experience I had the other night takes the cake. It was about midnight and I was out photographing around the outlet's, near dutch wonderland. It was extremely windy and cold and to make matters worse I was listening to Phillip Glass's sound track to Dracula. I stopped at a strip mall to take these photograph's.

Copyright- Christopher Moss
After I had stopped and photographed the first set of mannequin's at the entrance of the outdoor mall I drove through the massive parking lot till I found this well lit scene. When I got out of my car I realized that the music was still blasting from the P.A. speakers and that the coin operated kids ride in front of one of the shop's was randomly turning on and making noise's of children laughing. To be honest I was quite freaked out! After a nervous 15 minutes of photography I got back into my car. As I was putting away my camera all the lights in the parking lot went out.

No comments: