Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Charles Moore- Inspiration

   "when I came back to my hometown, a little hometown in Alabama, I asked myself, what in the world I am going to do. I mean, I got this training and all this talent and, well, supposedly I had some talent. But there was really nothing I could be doing with that – unless I moved to some big city." "I found out that the newspapers in Montgomery needed a photographer. So I got a job and it turned my life around. I mean it literally turned my life around. Because I had found something that’s more important than fashion or commercial or whatever, or even more important than money. And that is what you can do with a newspaper and what you can do in telling stories."
Excerpts from- Oral History: Charles Moore, Interviewed by Mary Morin
Read the whole interview @ www.americansuburbx.com/2011/05/interview-interview-with-charles-moore.html

No comments: